2007年11月12日 星期一

Through The Fire by Chaka Khan



Through The Fire by Chaka Khan
(David Foster, Tom Keane and Cynthia Weil)

I look in your eyes and I can see
We've loved so dangerously
You're not trusting your heart to anyone
You tell me you're gonna play it smart
We're through before we start
But I believe that we've only just begun


When it's this good, there's no saying no
I want you so, I'm ready to go


[Chorus:]
Through the fire
To the limit, to the wall
For a chance to be with you
I'd gladly risk it all
Through the fire
Through whatever, come what may
For a chance at loving you
I'd take it all the way
Right down to the wire
Even through the fire


I know you're afraid of what you feel
You still need time to heal
And I can help if you'll only let me try
You touch me and something in me knew
What I could have with you
Well I'm not ready to kiss that dream goodbye


When it's this sweet, there's no saying no
I need you so, I'm ready to go


[Chorus]

Through the test of time

[Chorus]

Through the fire, to the limit
Through the fire, through whatever
Through the fire, to the limit
Through the fire, through whatever


又是首80年代的歌,當年只要是David Foster的出品應該說就是暢銷的保證
不過這時候我才剛剛被啟蒙,這首歌就成為我當年聽過好想找的歌之一
也不知道歌名也不知道歌手的國一生找不到是意料中的事
只有Through the fire這個句子跟Chaka Khan充滿爆發力深情的歌聲
會在某些特殊的情境下再次從腦海中湧出

時間對這首歌中為愛付出的無所畏懼沒有造成一點磨損
成年的我卻早已沒有那種一往無前的勇氣了

相關閱讀

"Through the Fire" from Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_the_Fire

沒有留言:

張貼留言

小弟的BLOG純為自娛,上班外宅男的窮開心打發時間
所以太高深的指導性留言,恕小弟就不回了